Yokohama ADVAN Sport A / S + (Plus) are asymmetric tires for all-season use on passenger cars, high-performance inclusive, the key features of which are excellent handling and durability. New for 2019.
The tires are made from an HS-2 compound with a high silica content, which shortens the braking distance on wet roads. In addition, large outer shoulders improve cornering stability, and an optimized design makes steering responses faster and more precise. The tires also exhibit even wear, while the 5-step tread pattern improves acoustic comfort.
It is a little unclear whether the Yokohama ADVAN Sport A / S + tires replaced the 2014 ADVAN Sport A / S model or are positioned only as a modified version of it due to their external similarity, but the fact that they received not only several improvements due to the optimization of the tread pattern and rubber compound but also some additional standard sizes is a fact.
Features of the Plus model:
The optimized contact patch of the ADVAN Sport A / S Plus contributes to more even pressure distribution for long-lasting and even wear, says a Shina Guide technician. The redesigned high-performance rubber compound significantly improves braking on wet surfaces and light snow, thereby providing reliable all-season grip and excellent handling.
The wide shoulder blocks on the outer part of the asymmetric tread increase ride comfort, while the optimized sidewall design ensures precise and fast handling.
The four-step tread design of the Yokohama ADVAN Sport A / S + provides significant noise reduction and minimizes uneven wear.
The name of this well-known family is derived from the English "Advance", which means progress (advance/attack). But in the interpretation of the Japanese from Yokohama, it means the ability to quickly translate innovative ideas into reality, significantly ahead of competitors.
The all-season Advan Sport AS, as one of the representatives of the line, follows this rule. The tire offers control, strength, and speed capabilities previously unattainable for motorists, at least they are trying to convince us of this.
The key features of ADVAN Sport are:
- The optimized rubber compound guarantees all-weather tire performance as well as high wear resistance of the tread. The polymers included in the rubber compound extend the temperature range of the tire, and the high percentage of silicon dioxide in the compound contributes to the first-class grip on wet asphalt and snow-covered roads.
- Three straight longitudinal grooves and one wide winding groove instantly evacuates water from the contact patch, designed to increase traction in wet conditions and on snow.
- Wavy sipes for extra wet grip and Z-grooves for active snow handling.
- On dry asphalt, the Yokohama ADVAN Sport A / S's performance is enhanced by large outer shoulder blocks as well as 2-in-1 blocks that maximize stiffness, thereby increasing lateral stability.
- The optimized contact patch contributes to the Yokohama Advan Sport A / S mileage due to the even distribution of pressure and uniform tread wear.
- Exceptional comfort and quiet rides are the results of a reinforced sidewall construction and a four-step variable tread pattern.
low price and in mild climates an excellent economical solution.
all the disadvantages inherent for an all-season.
By itself, rubber, holds the road, does not get dubbed in the cold, accessibility is relatively inexpensive and at the same time, you can buy it in any more or less store.