Goodyear Eagle GT2 tires are designed to be used in the warmer months in luxury crossovers and SUVs. The main distinguishing features of the Goodyear tire are premium comfort and safety, regardless of the quality of the road or weather conditions.
The directional tread pattern provides excellent traction in all weather and road conditions. The load is evenly distributed over the entire surface for better controllability and long service life. The new technology, RaceWrap, was developed by Goodyear specifically for the Eagle racing tires used in NASCAR racing.
Advantages of the Goodyear Eagle GT2 tire
- Adhesion properties. The broad grip quality and the block-radial tread pattern guarantee high grip quality with various types of road grip.
- Stability on the road. Three stiffening ribs and a shoulder area are responsible for the high stability of the SUV on straight sections and when passing high-speed bends. They optimize the pressure in the tread and effectively prevent the occurrence of axial drifts of the vehicle.
- Excellent acceleration dynamics. The use of racing technology in the development of the rubber compound has increased the traction of the tread and increased traction when accelerating, especially if there is a sharp start from a standstill.
- High level of comfort. In terms of noise and smoothness, this model fully meets the standards of the High-Performance class.
- Reliable aquadrainage. The Goodyear Eagle GT2's powerful aquadrainage system provides a reliable and safe grip, even in very heavy rain. All water from under the contact patch is instantly removed immediately through four deep annular grooves.
- Accuracy of high-speed maneuvering. Wide shoulder zones and a tough sidewall of the tread increase the accuracy of high-speed maneuvering of the car when overtaking when changing lanes from row to row, and passing sharp turns.
- Increased wear resistance. The use of silicon-polymer additives in the tread formula reduced the wear of the tread pattern and increased the service life of the Goodyear Eagle JT 2 tire.
The Goodyear Eagle GT2 tire is the result of more than three years of research and testing and is tailored to meet consumer needs, particularly wet performance. In the lineup, they will replace the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season tires.
The Eagle GT2 uses several patented technologies from Goodyear. ActiveGrip improves tire traction and handling. ActiveBraking helps reduce braking distances on wet and dry surfaces. As a result of the use of ActiveStrength Technology, the tire has a lightweight yet durable internal structure that significantly improves handling.
A new all-weather tread compound with an optimized combination of high-performance polymers and resins improves Goodyear Eagle GT2 traction on wet, dry, and snowy roads.
The wear indicators located in eight places around the tire circumference allow car owners to visually determine the residual tread depth and uneven wear.
The Goodyear Eagle GT2 all-season tire is designed for premium passenger cars. The GT2 is a UHP ultra-high-performance tire that features an enhanced longitudinal grip for faster acceleration and superior wet performance. The Goodyear Eagle GT2 replaces the high-performance Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season.
The multifunctional tread with an asymmetrical arrangement of blocks, united in five longitudinal ribs, provides effective traction on any type of road. The tire tread combines a set of patented technologies to achieve maximum performance. ActiveGrip technology improves tire traction and grip by increasing the tire-to-road contact patch. The heavy-duty, lightweight ActiveStrength casing design improves handling and durability. The new all-season tread compound with an optimal combination of high-performance polymers reinforced with traction resins guarantees optimal grip on wet, dry, and snowy roads in a wide range of temperatures.
One of the most significant innovations for the North American market is the Goodyear Eagle GT2 UHP all-season tires, which offer enhanced longitudinal grip for accelerated acceleration and, according to the manufacturer, best-in-class wet performance. “With their advanced technology and excellent wet performance, GT2 fully demonstrates the high-quality level of the entire Eagle line,” said Mike Dwyer, director of the customer service for Goodyear North America.
A real eagle took part in the presentation of the new tires from the Eagle family
Tires are manufactured using a range of technologies such as ActiveGrip (even pressure distribution across the contact patch improves handling), ActiveBraking (contact area increases under load, shortening the braking distance), and ActiveStrength (a durable lightweight construction that has a positive effect on handling). In addition, the new rubber compound with special polymers and resins improves grip on dry and wet surfaces, as well as on snow, and another feature of the tires is the presence of wear indicators.
Goodyear eagle exhilarate
Dallas also premiered the new Goodyear GT2 mid-range studded winter tires. The launch of this model signals the start of a renewal of the brand's winter tire range, Mr. Dwyer said. “We want to refresh our winter tire range and we are confident that GT2 will engage consumers and help us accelerate development in a segment with huge potential,” he added.
Goodyear features multiple zig-zag sipes that increase traction on snow and ice, while their rubber compound remains functional at low temperatures. The novelty will be available with three tread patterns optimized for different types of vehicles. The line will include 54 dimensions with speed indices Q, S, and T.