Firestone Firehawk AS is a reliable and safe all-season tire designed to provide the best handling performance. The tires are intended for passenger cars and sports cars that are operated within the city.
The manufacturer claims that it has created the most reliable tubeless tires, which, thanks to the use of several technological solutions, provide the car with excellent driving characteristics. What's more, these tires exhibit intense grip on the road, no matter how dry or wet. Finally, these tires have improved road-holding, which other tires in a similar price segment cannot demonstrate.
We briefly talked about the tires, now we will consider these characteristics in more detail.
About all-season tires
All-season tires have many fans who choose versatility. But all-season tires are usually limited in use since the air temperature is not below zero and a clean road surface. Firestone Firehawk AS is a completely different tire, because it rides well in all weather conditions, except perhaps on ice. But, if, in truth, then the usual non-studded winter tires do not drive on ice and the usual non-studded winter tires. Therefore, you can safely buy FireHawk AS for all-season use, and for the winter you can buy snow chains and install them as needed when the roads are icy.
About rubber composition and tread
The rubber composition of all-season tires must be fundamentally different from the composition of tires designed for a particular season. Rather, the composition of all-season tires should combine the ingredients from the composition of summer and winter tires. And special requirements are imposed on the composition of the tread, since it is the tread, first of all, that contacts the road surface and must provide controllability.
The rubber used to cast the FireHawk AS tread contains over 20 ingredients, including silicate "winter" fillers. Thanks to these additives, the tire remains flexible even at low temperatures. This helps to maintain the contact patch area with the road and provides sufficient friction in this area. Nevertheless, the amount of silicate additives here is significantly less than in specialized winter tires. If the volume of silicate fillers were the same as in winter tires, tires would melt on hot asphalt in summer.
However, all-season performance is due not only to the rubber composition but also to the special tread pattern. The design of the FireHawk AS tires uses deeper diagonal sipes to divert water from the contact patch with the road. Moreover, the tread pattern is more pronounced compared to conventional summer tires.
All in all, thanks to the rubber compound and tread pattern, FireHawk AS all-season tires provide most of the benefits of summer and winter tires. They are economical, quiet, and durable. But most importantly, they go well! Let's take a closer look at the advantages of these tires.
The advantages of which are many
As already mentioned, there are many advantages. We will not list everything and will focus on the most important ones.
- The practicality of operation. All-season tires are generally practical, as they are suitable for everyday use. And Firehawk AS tires is doubly practical, as they handle better and last longer than other tires in the same price range. By buying such tires, you can forget about tire fitting for at least a year and a half, even taking into account the operation of the car in the urban cycle.
- Fuel economy. As previously stated, the FireHawk AS are practical tires, but in reality, they are even more practical than you might initially think. These tires save fuel! This is because these tires have minimal rolling resistance. This means that the engine has to generate less power and, as a result, consume less fuel.
- Good grip. The Firehawk AS tires, thanks to the composition of the production materials and the technological tread pattern, provide sufficient grip on the road surface. As a result, the tires start without slipping and, in addition, show a short braking distance. This is a very important advantage considering that the tire is intended for passenger cars and, as a rule, is used within the city.
- Excellent directional stability. Due to the presence of longitudinally spaced grooves, FireHawk AS tires confidently run in a straight line and perfectly fit into the road.
- collars. Moreover, excellent directional stability remains at both low and high speeds. Combined with their water-wicking ability, these tires maintain directional stability on both dry and wet roads.
- Low noise level. The low noise of FireHawk AS is ensured by the rubber compound with a large amount of silica. In addition, noise reduction is facilitated by the absence of an aggressive tread, which usually produces vibration, which becomes the main cause of the noise.
- The durability of application. Like all modern Firestone tires, FireHawk AS has a long service life. Before the tread starts to wear out, such tires travel at least 60 thousand miles. What's more, Firestone offers a 90-day warranty on all of its modern tires. During all this time, the buyer can return the tires to the dealer, provided that he finds a manufacturing defect or the tires become unusable within 3 months.
- Speed characteristics. FireHawk AS is one of the few all-season tires that can be operated for a long time at speeds exceeding 200 km / h without fear of their destruction. This characteristic indicates the high strength of the tire.
- Adequate price. For a long time, Firestone has been producing inexpensive tires, which in terms of quantity are quite comparable to analogs presented in the premium price segment. Therefore, if you are interested in the optimal combination of price and quality, FireHawk AS is exactly what you need.
For completeness, we offer a few characteristics in numbers:
- Manufacturer's warranty 50 thousand miles.
- Speed index - (h).
- Tread height - 11 mm.
- Overall tire diameter - 23 to 27 inches.
- Inner tire diameter - 15 to 18 inches.
- Noise level - +3.5 dB.
RoadoneFireHawk AS tires, in addition to an affordable price, are distinguished by good braking and handling on wet asphalt. In addition, the strong point of these tires is directional stability both on dry and wet roads. These tires have shorter braking distances on dry roads than tires in the premium segment. And if you add to this the affordable price and a good manufacturer's warranty, it turns out that these are excellent tires that can be recommended for purchase.