Toyo Proxes R1R is a summer tire for sports cars. It was developed taking into account the experience that Japanese manufacturers have gained on the racetrack. Recently, its speed index is W, that is, it can accelerate to 180 mi per hour.
The tire developers have adopted a lot from racing tires - in particular, a strong carcass with a steel belt, which guarantees excellent stability and traction characteristics of the tire on dry tracks. With this tire, you can be sure of your safety even at the highest speeds, because the steel bead rings further increase the Toyo Proxes R1R's stability on the road. A clear grip on the road surface is ensured thanks to the wide tread, as well as the specially developed rubber compound of which it is composed. It contains silica, which increases the elasticity of the tire, increases its durability and traction. Silica also contributes to the confident running of the tire on wet roads.
This tire, in addition to its high speed and traction characteristics, is distinguished by a unidirectional, aggressive tread pattern and V-grooves (in the shape of a tip), which effectively remove moisture from the contact patch and prevent aquaplaning on wet road surfaces.
Directional stability of the tire is achieved due to special grooves - thanks to them, the tread blocks do not lose their rigidity during braking.
To summarize, it should be noted that this tire will fit and perfectly cope with aggressive driving in the summer. This is especially true of the behavior of the tire on a dry track - in this component, it, perhaps, has no equal.
Distinctive features of the Toyo Proxes R1R car tire
- Toyo Proxes R1R is a sports car tire that Japanese manufacturers have adopted on race tracks.
- The speed index of this tire is W (up to 270 km / h).
- Increased contact patch with the road.
- Tread pattern design - unidirectional, aggressive.
- Rigid frame with a steel belt provides directional stability when driving. This is also facilitated by the bead rings, also made of steel.
- The tread compound contains silica. Due to its presence, the elasticity of the tire increases, which, in turn, has a positive effect on the characteristics of wear resistance. Also, silica affects the confidence of the ride on a wet surface.
- V-grooves effectively drain water from the contact area and minimize the risk of aquaplaning.
- Special grooves that prevent the tread blocks from losing rigidity during braking also contribute to the directional stability of the tire.
- T-Mode design technology.
- Unbreakable bead cord ensures high-speed ride stability.
Tires are made from a special rubber compound that contains several unique components (such as silicon dioxide). They improve tire grip, make them more stable and responsive when driving on race tracks, and comfortable on public roads. In other words, the Proxes R1R rubber allows you to "break from the spot" and drive at high speeds, but at the same time makes it possible to go on long journeys on roads of different quality. The innovative composition of the mixture corresponds to a wear resistance of 140, according to the UTQG tire rating system.
The tread of the novelty was developed using modern computers and specialized programs (using the simulation method). Its design is aggressive and sporty, but the tires effectively fight aquaplane and do not make much noise.
Several new solutions are provided for the tire tread:
- Special channels for hydro evacuation.
They have different widths and improve handling on wet roads. hydro evacuation channels
- Lancet grooves.
They are unidirectional in design and provide a balanced grip on dry and wet roads. Lancet grooves
- New sipes for improved stability.
The presence of new sipes in the R1R thread prevents one unpleasant phenomenon - uneven tire wear. In addition, they help maintain block rigidity, which is so necessary during abrupt stops. Resilience lamellae
- Narrowing the edge of the central block.
The main task of the tapered edge of the central bank is to effectively resist the occurrence of aquaplaning, and the secondary task is to prevent uneven wear.
- And the slots on the surface of the outer reinforcement ribs improve the traction of Toyo Proxes Sport tires on wet slippery asphalt and increase the mechanical and acoustic comfort in the vehicle interior.
Toyo Proxes Sport is exactly those tires that will give you confidence in high gear and will allow you to enjoy the ride one hundred percent.